It’s the default IP address that is reserved for some modems and routers. Using 192.168.256.256 admin login you can access your routers or modems access panel where you can tweak or change settings according to your need. For ex- Changing default password and username, DNS setting, etc.
192.168.256.256 is mostly used by big company’s routers like Netgear, Linksys, and SparkLAN. It’s not the only IP address that is used to access the router panel there are a lot of IP addresses like 192.168.0,256, 192.168.1.250, and 192.168.49.1, etc.
Many peoples don’t know their router’s IP address which is normal because in most cases the router login panel is used to change SSID (WIFI name ) or passwords. If you want to change these settings then for sure you need to know your 192.168.256.256 IP address.
Where Is the Login Page for 192.168.256.256?
First, make sure your device is connected to the router via cable or wirelessly. We recommend using a laptop or pc with a wired connection to your router.
To access your router setting panel just simply put http://192.168.256.256 in your favorite web browser’s URL bar.
If you have done the steps correctly you will see the Router login panel, Put your Username & Password, and hit enter. (If you have not changed your username and password yet, then try login with the default username and password which is admin/admin)
How can I change my default username and password of my router?
Well, it’s simple you if you know how to access the router admin panel even if you don’t know then not an issue just follows the steps given below:
- First, open a web browser and enter http://192.168.256.256 or your default IP address in the URL bar.
- Press the enter, you probably see the router login page where you have to put your username and password.
- Click the login button.
- Now you have to find “Change Router Password” or something similar. This setting will probably found under the “settings” or “administration” area.
- If you found the “Change Router Password” setting. Put new password & username and save the settings. (Use strong and memorable password)
How to find the router IP address?
The set number 192.168.256.256 is a common IP address, though it might not be the one set to your router. If 192.168.256.256 is not working with your router, you can check for the model of your router online. this should give you the correct IP address. There is another more way to check your IP address, though the method varies depending on the operating system you use.
For Windows 10:
- Select the network icon in the bottom right of your window screen.
- Once you open that menu, select the Wi-Fi network that you are connected to access the internet.
- After clicking on the Wi-Fi network, you see a list of information related to the WIFI network. One of that information will be the IPv4, which is your IP address and looks similar to 192.168.256.256.
- Click on the Apple menu, which you will find in the top left of your computer screen.
- Now, select system preferences.
- You can see a selection of WIFI networks, and you should select the one you connected to access the internet.
- Besides the word router, you will see your IP address.
What is an IP Address Such As 192.168.256.256?
As previously mentioned, 192.168.256.256 is the private IP address of your router. It is the IP address of your router that the laptop, computer, and other devices on your network users connect. Your router is not just the only one that uses 192.168.256.256. Router companies use the same IP addresses on their routers.
Not just any set of numbers can be an IP address. There is a set of numbers reserved for the private IP address to use, which was decided by the IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority). The numbers reserved for private IP addresses are:
- From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
- From 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
- From 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
Router companies only using some of those numbers for their routers, there are approximately 18 million various private IP address combinations.
192.168.256.256 is one of many private IP addresses, which are used by the router to connect with other devices. If your router supports this IP address and you know the username and password, then you can type the IP address into the web browsers URL bar, and access the router’s admin panel to change any setting you wish.
If you read and follow our steps as mentioned we sure you have successfully reached the router admin panel and changed the settings. If you find our blog interesting and useful then why not share it with others and help them too and if you have any suggestions or question related to 192.168.256.256 or other routers, please drop down in the comment we will read all your comments and answer all of them as soon as we found.
The page keeps on loading what should i do?
Hi Carter, if the page keeps on laoding then most probably 192.168.256.256 is not your default ip address. Try any other ip address or read this https://192-168-100-1.org/how-to-find-router-ip-address/