What is better than a good small router that can easily fit on your work desk and work flawlessly like Cisco DPC3825 Router. It has a voice and network gateway with well-known features like NAT support, IPv68 support, and MAC address filtering.
Cisco DPC3825 Router can also support wireless band 802.11b/g/n/ac and comes with 4 switch ports and a USB port. If you stream a lot of content from the internet and love playing online games then that’s great news for you because Cisco DPC3825 Router comes with Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) which makes your online experience enjoyable.
Prerequisites to Access the cisco dpc3825 default login:
- A system connected with the router
- A web browser to access the default login gateway.
5 Steps to Login to the Cisco DPC3825 Router
Step 1: Open a web browser
Insert the default IP address in the search bar/URL of your web browser. The default IP address of the Cisco DPC3825 router is 192.168.0.1, make sure you have entered the correct IP address or you can simply click on this link: http://192.168.0.1 to open directly.
Step 2: Enter the username and password
Well done you have completed the first step, Now it’s time to enter the router’s admin panel by entering the Username and password.
If you have done the steps correctly you will get a login screen to enter the username and password.
If you are using the router for the first time, try the default username and password, look for the box of the F5D7230-4 model, or use default credentials.
• Default login username: cusadmin
• Default login password: password
Note: The above username-password combination was correct with the average of 92%.
Step 3: Setting Up the Cisco DPC3825 Login Details
After completing the cisco dpc3825 router login, you can see the default username and password is so easy to predict anyone can use that credentials to login into the admin panel and change settings.
That’s why we recommend you change the default username and password to make the router more protected from any suspicious activities.
Suggestions to Change your Username and Password:
• Your password should have a mixture of alphanumeric characters and special characters.
• Your password should be 8-16 characters long, complex yet easy to remember.
• The username should be simple and user-friendly.
• The username and password for the Cisco router need to be written down somewhere as a precaution.
Step 4: Change SSID for Cisco DPC3825 Router
Now it’s time to change the name of the wifi, as you have also noticed that you see inside the network tab is called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). By default routers manufacturers uses their brand name as SSID. In our case, you’re by default SSID should be DPC3825.
• Make the SSID small and easy.
• Don’t make it very fancy as it may backfire.
• Don’t use any personal information to set the name of your router.
Step 5: Secure Cisco DPC3825 Router Settings
If you want your to be safe, then it’s necessary to use WPA2-PSK encryption, Inside the default gateway, you can find the encryption settings. Set the encryption to WPA2-PSK. It ensures that your router works at the safest security level.
Cisco DPC3825 Troubleshooting
• Cisco DPC3825 Password Doesn’t Work
As we have already guided you about the default password which is “admin” in word but if it doesn’t work for you it might be because someone changed the default password.
You can easily fix the issue by pressing the reset button that you can find on the back of the router press it for approximately 30 sec and it will reset the router for you.
Now you can again follow the steps mentioned above to change the password you like.
• Forgot Password to Cisco DP3825 Router
Try hard to remember the password or you can check the paper where you had to write the password. If you don’t find anything then we recommend connecting with your ISP or Xfinity forums and look for a different set of default passwords that can work for your router. If none of these methods work, go for resting the router.
• How to Reset the Cisco DP3525 Router to Default Settings?
Press-and-hold the reset button for approx 30 sec.
1. When the Cisco router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for about 30 sec. (Use a thumb pin or sim ejector tool)
2. While holding the reset button, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 sec
3. While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power of the router again and hold for 30 seconds.
Cisco DP3825 is a great router for workspace as well as home uses. In this blog, we have covered all the information related to the Cisco router from basic information to changing SSID and encryption. If you think we have missed out on something or have a question related to the router, then we glad if you comment down below, we read and reply to all the comments.